Monday, February 14, 2011

Truly Thankful Valentine and a 100 Followers Giveaway!!

I made it!  I finished stitching this a couple of weeks ago, bought the frame soon after, and then nothing. Today I sat down and put it all together so I can say I had it finished in time for Valentine's Day!
I changed the year to reflect the year my husband and I were married and I also put in our initials. 
 I just love this white bird!! 
Here is another picture with a little more light. 
I love the frame and thought it was perfect for this piece.  You can click on the picture to enlarge the detail.
I have already ordered Beth's next Truly Thankful edition.  If you haven't seen it, pop on over to her blog and check it out!

I am really in the mood for spring and I thought of this piece that I stitched last year.  It was a freebie that, if I remember correctly, came from Gazette94.  If you haven't seen this site, there are many wonderful patterns!
I love the details on this.  Especially on the bird.
I matched it with this fabric I had on hand: 
I haven't put it all together yet, but I have decided that this is what I want to offer as a 100 (now 100+) Followers Giveaway!  I may add some other little goodies in with this as well.
I'm keeping this simple.  If you are interested in having this little bird bring some spring your way, just comment on this post only.  I will leave this open for two weeks and draw a name on February 28th - my mom's birthday!

Wishing you all a Happy Valentine's Day!



49 comments:

Christine said...

Oh how pretty! I hope I can be included in your giveaway and a spring bluebird would be so lovely - the fabric matches it so well!
Thanks for visiting and leaving a sweet comment!
Happy Valentine's!
Christine

natalysneedle said...

Love your little blue bird and would love to be entered in your giveaway.

Sweet Sue said...

Beautiful stitching and framing Catherine, congrats! Truly is really delightful. Happy V Day!

Margaret said...

I love your Truly Thankful -- so gorgeous, and a wonderful frame too! I also love your giveaway prize! Hope I win! lol! Thanks for the giveaway!

Alisa said...

Please count me in, the piece is lovely! I really like the bird. :)

Sun City Stitcher said...

Congrats on 100 followers! Your Valentine stitching is great and the blue bird is cute too. I would love the opportunity to win it. Have a great day!

Lainey said...

Truly Thankful is beautiful Catherine.
Congrats on your 100th follower.
Your bluebird is gorgeous but as you've just gave me a beautiful gift I will give someone else a chance to recieve a piece of your gorgeous stitching.
Happy Valentines Day!

Kathy A. said...

Truly Thankful is wonderful and so much more special with your special date.
I would love to be entered in your giveaway. My Arizona house is all decorated in blues.

Parsley said...

I love the bird and would appreicate an entry.

Tracey said...

Such great finishes! I would love a chance at your give-away... very generous indeed!

carol fun said...

Truly Thankful is a wonderful piece - I love the little bird too! Of course I'd love to be included in the giveaway - I'll keep my fingers crossed - LOL!

Denise said...

Oh, I love the blue bird! And your fabric compliments the bird perfectly!

Congrats on hitting 100! Happy Valentine's Day -

Thank you for giving us the chance to win this beauty!

Deborah said...

Love the blue bird and I really love the Valentine piece. Thanks for the link. I would like to be entered in your giveaway.

Jennifer said...

I would love to have a bit of spring in my life right now! Please count me in.

Angela said...

I love your framed Valentine finish!

Who could say no to that cheerful blue bird?? Not me, LOL. Please add my name in your giveaway :)

Carol said...

Your Valentine's finish is so pretty, Catherine! I hope you had a wonderful day with all of your guys :)

And count me in on your fun giveaway--that little blue bird is precious!

Sue said...

I love your bird and would love a chance to win it ;)

Myra said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Truly Thankful looks so pretty all framed up. Your blue bird is so pretty and you know I would love to treasure something made by you. :o) Congratulations on 100 followers!

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Oh that bird is so cute !! That fabric matches it so prefect!! I would love to win !!! Happy V Day !

Hazel said...

Oooh yes please add me to your giveaway. Love the little bird. I love your Truely Thankful finihs too. So sweet. I love Beth's designs. xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely bird, we sure could use some springtime around here. -7 today.

Cindy's Stitching said...

What pretty finishes. The bird is really pretty. I love the colors. A giveaway. How nice.

Sally said...

Truly Thankful is beautiful. I absolutely love the colours,

Beautiful little bird. I would love to be entered in your giveaway please :) Thank you :)

CATHI said...

Great stitching and framing! Would love to be included in the giveaway!

All the best

Cathi

BumbleBeeLane said...

So pretty! Love the little blue bird! Count me in on the giveaway.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Anonymous said...

oh what a wonderful giveaway Catherine, I just love the blue bird and the fabric you have chosen it's a perfect match, I would treasure such a beauty

please enter me into your draw

Truly thankful is lovely and a gorgeous frame you picked

congratulations on 100+ followers

Anonymous said...

Please enter me in your giveaway. It is beautiful!!!

Thank you.
Peggy H.
www.neverenoughstash.blogspot.com

Lois said...

I love how you've made Truly Thankful pertinent to you and your husband. What a nice finish and I also love the little bluebird. I know what you mean, increasingly I'm looking at charts that are much more Spring-like. Would love to be entered in your giveaway if you don't mind mailing overseas. Congrats on reaching (and passing!) the 100 milestone!

Patty C. said...

I cannot believe you are giving this away - So beautifully stitched - I just found you -noticed your page from another blog -

Congratulations on so many followers !!

Bec said...

Gorgeous stitchings! I love the frame for 'let us be truly thankful' it is absolutely adorable!

I would love to be included in your giveaway :)

And congrats on your 100th follower.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Lovely little framed piece and that blue bird is adorable! Love the detail!

Jodie said...

Very cute! I'd love to be entered :-)

Unknown said...

Catherine... I love your framed piece it's very pretty and you're right the frame looks wonderful on it! Please sign me up for your little bird giveaway! congrats on 100+ followers... I'm working my way there too! How very exciting, but isn't it funny how small a stitching world it is?

Lynn B said...

Oooo Catherine such a lovely design, please could I enter the giveaway, I would love to win this!

Lynn B

Brigitte said...

What a pretty Valentine this is.
I'm also in the mood for some spring stitching. And you are right, Gazette has wonderful designs and they are all free. I particularly love her seasonal designs.

Lisa V said...

I love this little bird design, I actually stitched it up for BeckySC and sent it as a RAK for her (picture in my blog sidebar). So I would love to be included in your draw to win your lovely finish.
Thanks
LISA V

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

How pretty!
Congrats on 100 followers!
Please include me in your drawing!
Thank you!

Teresa said...

That's the cutest little blue bird I have seen. Says spring is coming.
Would love to win it!
]DTJCF@aol.com

Tolentreasures said...

Please enter me! I have the perfect place for it!

Cathy

Anonymous said...

Your stitched pieces are just lovely. You do such nice work. I enjoy reading your blog. Have a great weekend.

rosek1870 said...

I just discovered your blog thanks to Denise over at Riverside Stitching. I love your work. Please enter me in your giveaway! Your beautiful spring blue bird is perfect. My mom passed away in June and she just loved birds! I have her blue living room set so this would be perfect. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!
Rose

Kathy H said...

What a pretty piece. The details are very nice on the bird. And it would be so nice to bring some part of spring into the house. Thanks for the chance to win.

Littlebit said...

Aww, Catherine, the bird is darling! What a sweet give-away. And so is your valentine piece! What a perfect piece to personalize with the year of your marriage.

Loraine said...

Love your Valentine stitching! So sweet. Thanks for your kind words on my blog.
I am now a follower (although you have been on my blog roll for a while, and I've been reading many of your posts! Congrats on your 115 followers now!

Daisy said...

Wow. That pretty embroidery and the fabric is perfect.
Please add my name to draw.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Happy day

KathyEllen said...

"Let Us Be Truly Thankful" is so lovely, and the frame is perfect. What a sweet little blue bird piece too!

Book Wookie said...

Please enter me into your giveaway. And thanks for being so generous!

Robin said...

I love your little blue bird. It really is darling.
Please enter me in your giveaway! Red1974@hotmail.com

Teca said...

Please count me in, the piece is lovely! I like the bird. :) Hugs from Hungary!