Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A TUSAL, Stitches, and a Garden Walk

I would like to take a moment to thank all of you for your kind words on my "I Sew'd My Heart" finish.  I am anxiously awaiting the frame and will get it together asap once I have it in my hands!

 I am glad to say that this past month saw some new threads added to my jar!
They mostly came from the sampler in my last post, a thank-you gift, and some seasonal stitches.

If you remember from a few posts back, Jackie was kind enough to send me some charts.  I wanted to send her a thank you and this seemed appropriate.

I finished this one, thanks to a giveaway by Cathi.

And now I am working on this.
The last two are on 32 count Golden Wings by Silkweaver.  This fabric, as well as that used on  "I Sew'd My Heart", were given to me by Fiona as part of an exchange.  I had never used Silkweaver prior to this and I am loving the feel and the colors!

Here are some more pics from around my gardens.
A fungus among us.

The color of the sedum is becoming deeper. 

Bright and cheery mums.

Another sedum.

Food for my feathered friends.

The leaves are starting to turn.

A bathing spot for my feathered friends.

 An early morning jeweled web.  This reminds me of a project that Susan is working on - take a moment to pop over and see.  And if you have the time, look at some of her past projects,  she never ceases to amaze me!

I love the morning light dancing off of the dew.

A few late raspberries have appeared.

I'm not sure what this is.  Found it growing in our small vegetable patch.
 The little pods open to this pretty flower.  Does anybody know?

I hope you enjoyed walking through my gardens with me!
Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to reading each and every one of your comments!


22 comments:

Nancy said...

Cute thank you gift! Don't know what that plant is but the flower is pretty!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your garden is absolutely gorgeous! Everything just seems to burn up here. I really like your dew picture - AMAZING!

carolm said...

Think the plant is a Poppy...Love your flowers...

Myra said...

Wow! You really got that Halloween piece stitched up in no time. It looks great! I enjoyed the walk through your garden - so pretty.

Anna van Schurman said...

Do you (or does anyone) know the name of the fungus? One of my friends has those and she is really wants to find out about it! Thanks.

butterfly said...

love your thank you gift, also your halloween stitching
Love the materials.

Also love your flowers and garden. i also took pictures of cobwebs yesterday, they are so beautiful at the moment.

Mouse said...

love your thank you gift and I've got the chart for the I sew'd my heart now as well and its all your fault hehehe .. photos are gorgeous ... can't help you on the flower sorry :) love mouse xxxxx

The Queen Bee said...

Love the halloween stitching and the garden pictures are lovely.

Pam

Peggy Lee said...

Beautiful flowers!
I have never been a seasonal stitcher. I need to work on that.
See you soon!

Carol said...

I'm loving your new larger photo format, Catherine! You are an excellent photographer (as well as stitcher!)...

Your Halloween and autumn pieces are darling--that fabric is perfect for them.

But, ewww...that fungus--I've never seen anything like that!!

Hope you enjoy your weekend :)

Margaret said...

Love your stitching - just wonderful! And your flowers are beautiful. That mushroom is so funky looking!

Pumpkin said...

Sweet finishes! I'm sure your thank you project will be well received :o)

LOVE your pictures. TFS!

Christina said...

Love your Halloween stitching Catherine - the fabric is gorgeous.
The colours in your garden are beautiful. There's not much colour left in our garden at all. The leaves turned weeks ago and a windy spell earlier in the month means I have a lawn layered with leaves!

Littlebit said...

I saw the little autumn pillow on Jackie's blog..so cute!
I do love the flowers of fall..just beautiful.

Vinniey said...

I hope you will get your frame very soon. Your new start is beautiful. Love the fabric you've used. Thanks for sharing your beautiful gardening photos. Happy Autumn to you, Catherine.

Sally said...

Lovely thank you gift and finish. Nice WIP too:) That fabric is lovely for Autumnal designs.

Brigitte said...

Nice little thank-you gift to Jackie. And such lovely Halloween pieces. The fabric they are stitched on looks terrific.

Kathy Ellen said...

Thank you for a lovely garden walk! Lovely pictures.

Love the beautifully finished "Give Thanks" piece that you created for Jackie. The fabric is just perfect, and she is sure to be thrilled to receive it!

Lois said...

What beautiful colours you still have going in your garden Catherine. Here everything is starting to look tired and done. Love the Give Thanks for Jackie. What a nice gift to send and love your seasonal WIP.

Siobhán said...

What a wonderful thank you gift! Beautiful stitching and garden pics!

Dani - tkdchick said...

What lovely stitches you have finished up there!

Gorgeous picutres from your garden!

CATHI said...

Lovely flowers! And there is the Halloween hat ;o) ! Great finish!

Cathi