Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Winter Wonderland Christmas Exchange

Everyone that participated in the Winter Wonderland Christmas Exchange on the Stitched With Love Exchanges has received their packages and we are now able to post our goodies. 
This is what I received from Lisa at Black Flies and Snow Flies
Look at all those goodies!  Thanks to my boys, the chocolates didn't last long.
 
Isn't this so pretty!?!
And look at how cute the back is with the tiny jingle bells, the made with love charm, the tree, her initials and the year.

 And wow, did she spoil me with extras!  I can't thank you enough Lisa.  I love everything and already have plans on how I will use it all!
Lisa just started her blog, so if you get a chance pop on over and give her a big welcome.  Her stitching and finishing are
 bea-u-ti-ful and I now have a new friend in the blogging world!

I was excited to find that I was the secret Santa for Myra at Gr8dame's Place.  For those of you who don't know her, Myra is another wonderful stitcher and her sewing/finishing skills are incredible.  I can say this, because I am lucky enough to have a few things made by Miss Myra.  Here are the goodies that I put together for her.
 
This is the first time I finished an ornament like this and I love how it turned out.  I see more of these types of finishes in my future.
You may notice the cardinal and the red theme.  I know that Myra loves cardinals and she also likes samplers/ornaments that are stitched all in red.  So, there is a variety or red threads for her to have fun with, a cardinal ornament, a pattern with cardinals, a cardinal tote bag, a needle minder and some fabric. 

I managed to take part in all but one of the exchanges this past year.  I enjoyed gathering things together to send, meeting some new friends, and hopefully surprising some old ones.  Although I think Myra figured me out!  ;) 
 I can't wait to see what themes Lainey and Colleen come up with for next year!

I have some other goodies I need to post about and want to show my finish of "Sing We Merrily", but will save those for the next post when the sun comes out long enough for me to get some better photos. 

Only a couple more days until Christmas!!  Is everybody ready? 
Here's our smaller tree with our Hallmark ornaments.
Thanks for stopping by!


20 comments:

Margaret said...

Lovely exchanges! Both are great! lol about the boys eating the chocolate. :D

Myra said...

This was a fabulous exchange, wasn't it? I know I am just thrilled with everything you sent me and I am glad to see your partner was extra generous with you too. I need to post my goodies on my blog. Just haven't had enough hours in my days lately. Your tree is beautiful!

Christine said...

You girls had a wonderful swap! Love those stitcheries!
You have a beautiful tree too!
Merry Christmas!

butterfly said...

Lovely exchanges and goodies. And beautiful stitching.
GREAT TREE.

I was ready not sure now. ha.

Tracey said...

The chocolate doesn't last long at my house either (and I don't even have any kids I can blame!). What awesome goodies you gave (and received!). Must put that Winter pattern with the cardinals on my "wish list".

Your tree is SO pretty!!

valerie said...

Great exchanges! They both came out great! Love your tree...it's so pretty!

Ranae said...

Awesome exchanges and pretty hallmark tree
Happy Holidays!!!

Peggy Lee said...

Awesome exchanges. Looks like everyone made out like a bandit.
I too love anything to do with cardinals. They are so beautiful.

Your tree is beautiful...absolutely beautiful!

Merry Christmas!

barbara said...

I saw your stitching over on Myra's blog - wow, what a beautiful piece! And you received such nice things, too! :D

CalamityJr said...

What lovely exchanges - you both chose so well for your "giftee".

Veronica said...

Love the ornament you received. So cute and the bells... what a great idea :) The ornament you made looks great. You sure did spoil Myra with all the lovely goodies you sent her.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Siobhán said...

What fantastic goodies, both sent and received! Cardinals are my favorite bird so I just loved all that you came up with for Myra. I'm off to visit with a new blogger now--thanks for sharing the info!

Wishing you and yours a blessed Christmas! I hope the elf that watched over the boys did his duty and put in a good word with Santa for them!

Sally said...

What wonderful exchanges. Everything looks so lovely.

Your tree is really pretty.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas :)

Christina said...

Wow, you were truly spoiled in the exchange! I love the ornie Lisa made you.
Your exchange for Myra was so personalised, I bet she was thrilled to bits with it. We all know how much she loves cardinals!
I too can't wait to see what themed exchanges are to come next year, I have thoroughly enjoyed participating in them this year.
I can't believe that that is your 'small tree'! ;0). It's just as beautiful as your other tree.
Have a wonderful Christmas Catherine. X

Elisa said...

Lovely exchange and a pretty tree too xx

cucki said...

lovely exchange gifts..everything is so lovely..
hugs cucki xx

Colleen said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the exchange...lovely gifts, both received and given. Lovely tree. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Lois said...

What nice goodies both sent and received Catherine! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

Angela said...

What lovely exchanges and gifts! Merry Christmas

Melanie said...

Such great exchanges and gifts!!! Everything is lovely. :)