It's still October, right? I didn't miss the rest of the fall season did I? Because this is what I am seeing today....
I am a little concerned as to what this winter might bring, especially since fall is already showing us the white stuff! Should I blame my husband since he purchased a snowblower back in August?? I was sort of hoping that would mean no snow, guess I was wrong...
Right now as I am sitting in my front living room typing this, I am watching a pair of bluebirds flying about my front porch trying to find a safe haven from the snow and wind. They are trying to hide in the robin's nest from last spring.
I also need to post my Tusal update. So here's my monthly picture:
It's getting harder to push the threads down in the jar! The threads on the top are a result of my latest start.
Does anybody know what it is??
I have some other news to share. The ladies of the Strawberry Sampler have been asking me for a while now to join their craziness. I finally took the plunge! I have been helping out at the store one or two days a week. So, if any of you ever order anything from there, you may see my name on your mail order (or better yet, if you stop in the store and I'm there, I will get to meet you in person)!! Some of you may have noticed that I have added a link to their site in my sidebar. Here's my shameless plug....if you aren't signed up for their newsletter, you might want to do so. Every week, they'll update you on what's new and usually advertise a "Wacky Wednesday" sale. Sometimes, they'll even throw in a special sale related to anything from sports to weather. For instance....now through Monday if they get snow in Chadd's Ford (and I can tell you they are...) any patterns with snowmen will be 20% off. You can place an order online or email them with your order...
They are also letting me offer my blog readers 15% off any orders placed between November 1st and the 15th. Just place "Bramblewood" in the subject line or comment section of your order.
It's been almost a year since I started this blog, so stay tuned....I think a giveaway will be in order!!
Thanks for stopping by and welcome to my newest followers!!



35 comments:
How exciting! Good luck in you latest adventure.
Oh that's exciting! I have always wanted to work in a LNS, of course all my pay would go back to the store for may stash enhancement!
It sure doesn't bode well for winter if your getting snow now!
It's just damp and horrible here in the UK,rain most of the day, not too cold yet, but cold enough for the heating to be on.
Great news about the job. When I lived in Delaware they were my LNS. Parts of MA are going to get up to 12" of the white stuff. I live on the coast so very little for me. Thank heavens.
It seems like I'm one of the few bloggers that dodged the snow bullet this weekend.
I love the hint of the new start you showed, and I think I've seen it before, but of course I can't remember where.
Working in a needlework shop sounds like heaven, unless you end up spending your whole paycheck there, ha! The snow is almost unbelievable. We've been watching Illinois-Peen State football and can't believe what's happening there, weatherwise.
Oh noooo - it is too early for snow! Have fun at the shop - I know you'll enjoy it!
Just can't believe the snow, everywhere, what the heck is goin on! Look at that display of perrrrty boxes:) Wishing you the best at the shop. Nice start, no help from me though, sorry...
Snow,I sure don't envy that. You are a brave lady to work at a needlework shop. I would end up owing them money every payday. I am sure you have more self control than me.
Oh snow...yukkk. I'm experiencing for the first time in years ice and real cold also and don't find it pleasant at all...lol.
How great for you to work in a LNS. That must be lovely.
Love your new start. Isn't that "Sing we Merrily" from Heartstring Samplery? A lovely design. I will enjoy watching it grow on your blog. :)
Well good for you for working at the Strawberry Sampler! Once again, I envy you your location.
Love that sampler you're teasing us with. Is it a BBD piece? Dunno.
I can't stand this weather anymore. We just got the internet back after an outage, and the power keeps flickering. I'm very nervous with all the branches falling outside. Fingers crossed we keep our power! You too!
That snow is just unbelievable! But so pretty too. Congratulations on your new job. How exciting is that?! Love your new start but I have no idea what it is.
Oh, snow on the pumpkins... how lovely and peaceful it looks ~ but early in the season, I know... brrr.... We saw the snow falling earlier today during one of the football games... they did look like they were freezing!
Oh, how cool working at The Strawberry Sampler, Catherine! I would so love to work in a stitching shoppe, albeit I fear all my pay would go towards stash... 'twould be so very difficult to resist!
Lovely start on your new Sampler... I have been wanting to add Sing We Then Merrily to my stash ever since I saw it... such a lovely Christmas piece and your start is just beautiful! Wishing you a lovely, stitchy weekend and stay warm and cosy in all that snow and be safe... Blessings always in stitches...
Oh no...snow! I'm praying for no snow next weekend of else there'll be a californian popsicle in NY! *fingers crossed*
Congrats on the gig at Strawberry Sampler! How fun! I would love to work in a LNS.
Great start on your new project!
wowwwwwwwwww snow..i love snow..we dont have snow here in south africa..can i have all that snow?
congratulations on your new job.it is sound so much fun..
keep well love for you xxx
Oh, that snow looks so gorgeous - we don't get snow in Melbourne, Good luck with your new job - that sounds like so much fun!
Hugs, Kaye xoxox
I guess you got the snow. There is something wrong when the trees still have their leaves and the snow is flying. Ugh!
And a new job -- woohoo for you. Good luck - don't spend all your money there though!;)
I am glad I was in your area last week and not this week! I am so sorry that I missed seeing you.
Stay safe and warm.
How nice to work in a needlework shop! Beautiful TUSAL! Will you get another new bottle for the new TUSAL or replace the bottle with another bigger jar? Your new project is looking great! Beautiful snow pictures too!
Catherine, thank you, thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. We started getting our snow up here in Maine around 11:00 last night. Still coming down, wet and heavy. What a great day to be sitting by the fire and stitching!
Working in a LNS would be such a bad thing for me! Thank you for the link to the store - I'm always on the look-out for a new store.
We had a few flakes flying yesterday afternoon - I'm in central VA. DSon lives in Concord, NH and reports are 22"+!! I don't ever remember a white Halloween there.
The snow is pretty although a bit early. Hope it is not a sign of things to come. :)
That is a pretty start on your new sampler.
Sounds like you have started every stitcher's dream job. Enjoy it. :)
Snow oh no not yet.
We don't get any until December sometimes not till the New year. And some times none. The last two years we had a bad Winter starting just before Christmas.
We put our clocks back last night so it was dark at 4.00 but we now have more stitching time. ha ha.
Wish i lived by your shop i would be in there all the time. Have a great Halloween.
You can send me the snow here in northern Illinois, I'll take it!
How lucky to work in a needleshop
I dont know what design that is but I like it
Wasn't this snow crazy?? I'm usually in The Strawberry Sampler on the 2nd Saturday of the month after I go to the Delaware Valley Historical Sampler Guild meeting in Hockessin. Not sure if you every work on Saturdays, but I'll look for you.
Brrrr Catherine! Enjoy working at the Strawberry Sampler! I can think of nothing nicer than working in a stitching shop!
I've heard of "frost on the pumpkin," but "snow on the pumpkin" is ridiculous! We only got a couple inches here, but it has all melted. Hope things warm up a bit for your boys' trick-or-treating tonight...
Ooh, I'm so excited for you working at the Strawberry Sampler--talk about a perfect job!! ENJOY!!
It is early in the year for snow, but your pictures are so beautiful!
Congratulations on your job! Now that would be my dream job. Oh how I wish:)
Lovely photos of the snow. It looks so pretty.
I don't know what your new start is but I really like the look of it.
I can't believe how much snow you got. It is going to be a tough winter I think. I would spend all of my at the store on stash. lol have fun and enjoy it.
Whoa, lots of snow in October. Hope you stay warm and cozy. I've no idea which design your latest start is but it looks good. Take care!
Hugs,
Veronica.
oooooo snow :) like it when its faling down and safely tucked up stitching with a cuppa or two ;0 good luck with the new adventure working in the LNS and better start saving your pennies if you are coming to the mouse house heheheheh :0 love mouse xxxxx
Oh great, working in a LNS! Must be the dream of so many of us. Enjoy your days and hours there.
Is it a LHN design?!
I can't believe the snow! I was telling the kids that I don't remember us getting snow even as early as December when I was growing up. The weather sure is a-changing!
CONGRATULATIONS on the new job!! I'm so jealous and oh, so happy for you!
Your first pic reminded me of one of my fave xstitch charts...I think it was by Cross Street Cricket?? Called Frost on the Pumpkin?? Anyway...congrats on your new job...That's one way to support your habit!!
Post a Comment