It's been quite some time since I posted! This is just such a crazy time of year. There has been another field trip. This time with my little guy to a conservation center. The kids really had a great time. I could handle the insect portion and even all the pond critters. It was those that came home with us that I don't care for, the ticks! YUCK!
The kids found this sign funny - no upside down horses allowed!
There was the scout cross-over for the little guy, he's now a Bear! (He's in the front right corner)
And since I have shown off the older brothers' baseball skills, I need to show off the little brother!
The gardens have been blooming,

and, I bet you are wondering about the stitching front.....well....not much has been done at all. I am working on a couple of projects that I have to keep hush for the moment. But I can show you the threads for the latest Tusal.
I did remember to take a picture of the Winnie-the-Pooh towel from June.
Isn't this so cute!
June also sent me this sweet card and pretty floss along with a sweet spring pattern (not shown, sorry)
Thanks so much again June for all of your thoughtfulness!
I also received some wonderful goodies from Mouse of Tales of a Stitching Mouse. Her gifts are from the 2011 Tusal prize, and oh, did she spoil me!! There were scissors, a bag of lace, threads, fabric, a hand painted and decorated box, and a bag of embellishments!!
Here is a close up of the embellishment bag. Love, love, love that beaded trim. I will have to find just the right project to use that on. The buttons, bees and sheep! She sure does know me!
And even more special is what was found in the box. This sweet little cushion she designed and stitched!!
Isn't this so sweet? I love the pin on top, looks like a little crown to me!
Thanks Mouse! You certainly made my day and know how to spoil a girl. Perhaps one day, we'll get to sit in person and share that cuppa!
I also won some homemade vanilla from Jackie of Jackie's Stitches. The label is so cute ~ the first ingredient is love!! Best vanilla ever! I have already used it in my husband's birthday cake and yesterday in some celebratory chocolate chip cookies!! The love makes everything better ~
There's one more reason, in addition to the baseball, school trips, scouts, etc., why my stitching time will be curtailed. Not only will be the boys be out of school on June 7th, but our family has grown!
Do you see the excitement on that face!?!
It's all because of this.
Meet Panzer. After 9 years of being dog free, we decided it was time to share our home with some puppy love.
Do I have to go to school today?
Please, I just wanna stay home!
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
Thanks for stopping by! I hope to show some more stitching next time - if the puppy allows.













27 comments:
Lot's of great pictures of your boys you are a busy mom.
Love your gift from mouse just wonderful.
Love all your beautiful flowers.
And what a beautiful puppy Poppy sends her love and says hi to Panzer. Hugs.
Oh what a lovely catch-up post!
Panzer looks adorable and his eyes so expressive. I bet he's a smart dog!
Wonderful to see your kids in action (that's why you're so busy!) and all the flowers and the gifts!
Enjoy your expanded household!
Dogbert! He's fabulous. We're going to be taking a Good Citizenship class with Stella and there's a Rottie in the class with her. (Those people have four Rotties. Which is crazyinsane.)
Aah, such cuteness. Now everytime something disappears you can blame it on the dog instead of the kids.
We are currently pet free and wondering how long I can stand it. I have never, not once, in my adult life been without a pet until this past March. I can't decide. Makes travel easier, anyhow.
Good luck.
Pam
Is that a Rottie I see?! Congratulations! I know the boys are just thrilled. Lovely gifts your received, that vanilla look very enticing.
Beautiful photos, especially the flower ones. Gosh, you really do have an eye for mirco photography. Lovely gifts you've received :D
Oh my, such a cute puppy! That look in his eyes in the last picture is just too precious :)
Hugs,
Veronica.
Lots of wonderful photos Catherine :)
Love the gifts you received from Mouse and I bet that vanilla from Jackie is lovely.
What great pics Catherine, of your boys and the flowers and well, just everything! Lovely gifts received and welcome to Panzer!
I always enjoy your pictures and tagging along on adventures with your boys.
You received some very thoughtful gifts...VERY nice!!
I'm sure your boys are in 7th heaven with the new family member. He's a cutie.
Watch out for those upside down horses!
What lovely memories you have shared with us!
As the mom of a boy, I am sure I will have more than my fair share of creepy crawly things in my near future. Aarrgghh!!
That pup is way too cute. I wouldn't want to go to school either!
Oh, a new puppy!! How excited the boys must be, Catherine! What an adorable face :)
Wonderful gifts from June, Mouse, and Jackie--enjoy! That embellishment bag from Mouse certainly looks wonderful...
Loved the photos of boys being boys and oh, your flower photography is stunning!! Great job :)
Awwww, Panzer is adorable! I bet the boys are thrilled!!! Love seeing all the pics of the boys. We had a couple of times with nature camp where I had to go over the kids with a fine tooth comb -- we have deer ticks up here, Lyme Disease. And they had this one activitiy where the kids would come home covered with those tiny things. Just awful!
FANTASTIC post and photos!!!!
The ticks are TERRIBLE around here. It's gotten to the point where I hate to even think about walking around the yard, never mind actually do it. :(
Panzer is cute as the dickens. What a great little face. (Which won't that little for long, I bet. Heh.)
Great post and pix. Love the flowers. Sounds like a great day with the boys. And Panzer is adorable. Rotts are so sweet.
Wow! Loads of great photos Catherine! I love the little turtle the boys found! That sign is hilarious!!! Great wins too from the ladies! I love the little pillow Mouse made for you :D
Your new addition is adorable,lots of fun times ahead for you and the family.
Fabulous parcel from Mouse, such lovely goodies.
I bet you garden looks wonderful with all those flowers blooming.
Great action shots of your son.
Happy stitching when you have some relaxation time.
Ah the days of raising wonderful little boys. I remember those days with our three boys as if they were only yesterday. It is so special that you are such a wonderful mother, sharing in so many wonderful adventures and activities with your boys. They will always remember the times that you have spent with them.
What a wonderful picture of your newest member of the family, with your son. That is a picture to treasure!
Love all of the nice gifts you received from June, Mouse & Jackie. It just goes to show what a very special friend you are and they to you!
Blessings!
Your boys look like they keep you busy. I sure miss it!
What a cutie pic of son and the new pup
Nice mail stuff, what fun to open I bet
Ooops me again, I know I forgot to add something, lol
that something is... I can see that stone building added to a sampler, love it!
Hi Catherine! So glad you found my blog...and now I found yours! Love the pictures of your boys playing ball! And your new puppy...oh my that cute face! Your boys will certainly have fun this summer with their new buddy! Stop by to see me again...I'll be visiting you as well!
What beautiful flowers!!
Omg..that last picture of your son and that puppy is priceless! How adorable is that!!??
What a fabulous post Catherine! I love to see what you've been up to with your boys (and what I have to look forward to with my little man!).
You have some beautiful flowers growing in your garden - do I spy an iris or 2 amongst them?! I hope so. ;0)
Your gifts from Mouse are great - she certainly spoiled you. I look forward to seeing how you use the beaded trim.
Congrats on your new 'baby'...and no labour involved, lol! He's adorable.
School's out on June 7th?? Wow, we've got to wait until July 21st here in the UK. :0(
You have been a busy bee -
The flower photos are just beautiful
Mouse was truly generous - Congrats -
The stitching will keep :)
Enjoy your family time !!
Family and new family members are a good reason to be busy and behind. A new puppy will keep you very busy for a while.
Just remember this Pooh quote...“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.” We might both need to make this one our motto. :-)
Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi
Looks like you are really busy with your lovely boys and the new puppy. Love all of the pics and your gifts from Mouse are gorgeous.
oooo for some reason I had missed this post ...lol ooooo love your pictures of my goodies ... I forgot to do that ...
and a rottteeeeee awwwwwwww we had one when we were younger called bruce but he still had his tail (not docked) and was adorable .... awwwww enjoy your new member :)
and love your other gifts tooo *VBG :)
love mouse xxxxx
Post a Comment