So, were you shocked to finally see a post! It's been way to long ~ the hardest part will be figuring out where to start. The boys and their schedules, mainly the baseball one, have been keeping us running.
The school team for my oldest, finished with a 9 win, 2 loss record ~ and he's already looking forward to next year! He has some more tournaments ahead with his travel team. The most recent being this past weekend, where they placed second. That's my little guy down front ~ when not playing for his own teams, he likes to be the batman for his brother's teams. Yes, batman, not batboy, that's what the older boys call him! My older guy is back row, third from the right.
My middle guy is enjoying his little league team and has finished his spring season with his travel team. The first tournament took place at the end of March in Ocean City, MD and wowzers, was it cold and windy!
This year was the first year for the little guy to be on a travel team. During their first tournament, they had the lead in every game, but lost. On to the second tournament....their confidence was boosted when one of the dads generously purchased custom helmets for each of the boys.
They won their first game, lost the second...then on day two. They had to replay the team that beat them on day one...tables turned and we won! On to the championship game against the undefeated team. I'll let the pictures explain what happened!
Stealing home to tie the game....
A few plays later...
Champions...
The parents couldn't have been more proud of these boys. Taking the championship in their second outing together is a huge accomplishment!
Outside of baseball, we had another birthday or two...
the little guy's
mine....
and finally my dad's...
Celebrated Easter...
and spring...
There have been school field trips, concerts, art shows, etc. And more to come as the year winds down....
Middle guy's school band performing the Star Bangled Banner for the BlueRocks game...
Spring band concert...
My husband and I took a few days by ourselves to get away in celebration of our upcoming 20th anniversary. We had a lovely time in Williamsburg, VA. Strange, as it was our first time ever going away by ourselves since we've had the boys, but a lot of fun!!
We took a behind the scenes archeology tour and attended the Cry Witch performance, a recreation of an actual witch trial that took place in Williamsburg. Amazing performance! I highly recommend it if you are ever in Williamsburg.
Panzer has been with us almost a year and has filled our home with his heart.
Playing with his friends...
Hanging with his boy...
Posing with some of his pics from Instagram that appeared in Life and Dog magazine...
Sadly, his best friend, Joker, will be moving in a couple of weeks. They have grown up together and will miss each other a lot.
Phew.....are you still with me!?! So, I guess you can imagine with all of this going on that not a lot of stitching has been going on at all. By the time we get home at night, I am so tired I just crash. I do have to give some over due thanks to some of you that have brightened my days with your surprises and generosity.
Dawn, from In Stitches, sent me this most adorable scissors fob. She apologized for not having a Panzer colored dog ~ no worries, I had Panzer colored scissors to attach it to!
Grace, from Needles Pins and Dragonflies, sent me the chart from Lizzie Kate ~ Dog Lessons for People along with the floss and needles to stitch it with ~ the saying on this is so true! Sorry, I thought I had a picture, but can't find it.
Valerie, from Fog City Dweller, sent me some goodies from a giveaway that she had a while back.
Love all these goodies!
Such a cute floss tag!
And look at this one ~ love!!
Pretty pins...
Myra, from Gr8dame's Place, surprised me with this adorable piece...
The chocolate didn't last long...
And look how she decorated the envelope..
her signature cardinal!
From across the pond, this package arrived from Lainey, at Lainey's Stitching Hoose. As you can tell, I opened the package at the ball fields...
A cute button box...
Cute fabric...
And filled with adorable buttons...
Another package from across the pond came from June of Butterfly Wings.
Love this!!
Sweet cards!
And this wonderful pin pillow...love!!
Isn't this tiny key adorable!?!
And finally, from Catherine at I Love to Stitch, a surprise package! A great piece of fabric, such a pretty shade of pale pink, floss, some trim, a magnetic button and a flashlight! You may be wondering, "Why a flashlight?" Well, move on to the next picture!
This is no ordinary flashlight! In the middle of the light, there is a hidden magnetic wand. What better way to find a dropped needle!! Very clever, I love it!
I can't believe how blessed I have been with all of these gifts over the last couple of months. Thank you to each and every one of you. Everything is wonderful and will be treasured!
Since it has been so long since I have posted, I have missed a tusal or two. There haven't been any real additions to the jar, but there is a new jar. I found these great solar lids for mason jars and was able to get my hands on some of the Ball 100th anniversary jars. The jar in the pic is not the blue one, but that has since been changed. Combine the two and wah-la!
And before I go, I want to show you the frog my mom found for me this year. I have never seen one that is part of a dish. That's right....one piece, attached...
The design on the side alternates between the flowers and the geometric design...
Thanks, Mom ~ I love it!!!
And if you made it all the way through my whirlwind catch-up post, you deserve a medal! Or some chocolate and wine if you prefer!
I'll try to be back sooner than later!! If not....
“I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart for so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh~
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh~






33 comments:
You are forgiven for not posting...you have been SUPER busy! It looks like you've been making some lovely memories. I love the custom helmets - so cool! Congrats to the champions! :0)
Congrats to the champions...
Big hugs x
Oh Catherine, I hear ya on the busy stuff. So many things going on right now.
Batman. That's great!
Oh wow have you been busy! Glad to see you back! Awesome photos.
You've been busy! I've enjoyed following you on Instagram. Poor Panzer, what is he going to do without his bed bud Joker? He definitely needs a cookie!
What a wonderful year you have had! I know that having all of those practices and concerts to go to, is enough to wear a person out. Congrats to your boys for all of their accomplishments.
Wonderful gifts that you received. Happy belated birthday!
Great to see your wonderful post.
Wow, what a great update! Looks like lots of fun all around. Love the pics from Williamsburg and also of Panzer, how neat he is published :)
Great goodies from all, happy belated birthday to you!
So many birthdays and happy times! You know, I saw one of your Instagram pics of Panzer's paws, and I couldn't for the life of me figure out what they were! lol! It took me a while, but I finally figured it out. Enjoy those boys of yours and all their accomplishments. They will be grown up all too soon. Yay for Panzer too! Such a sweetheart! Love the pics of Williamsburg! Happy belated anniversary!
What a great post. loved seeing all the goodies and all the pics.
Linda
You and family are really gettin' around this year, glad to see you're having a good time! That Panzer, such a ham-bone:) Mr. Sweet noticed him on the monitor here and commented what a beautiful dog he was ~ like we didn't already know it:)
Wow, that's the biggest post ever, full of such wonderful sighs! Glad you had a wonderful birthday and got such a lot of goodies. I enjoyed seeing the flowers in your garden too. Your boys are growing up!
Whew Catherine! I think I was exhausted by the time I made it to the end of your post-LOL I don't know how you keep up. Congrats to your son and his team on winning the championship! That is awesome. I am not a huge sports fan, but I like to stitch and listen to baseball on TV with my mom. Loved the flowers and your gifts were so lovely! Enjoy!
Wow Catherine what a busy and great post, love all the photos, family,flowers, and gifts.
Well done to the boys, hugs.
Comment part deux after re-reading your edited post! lol.
What lovely gifts Catherine. I especially love the button box from Lainey. I HAVE to own one!
20 years married is amazing. I'm glad you managed to get away just the two of you. DH have been dreaming of that recently. But with another baby on the way, we'd better do it sooner rather than later! ;0)
You certainly have been a very busy family, lots of lovely piccies to see in this post.
Well done to the boys on their achievements.
How exciting for Panzer to be in the magazine, he seems to approve of his celebrity status!
Lots of lovely gifts received, how wonderful.
Great memories being made. Congratulations to the CHAMPIONS! That is awesome. Great pics all around and what wonderful gifts.
What a wonderful post!
Where should I start? All the family look great. Baseball, Panzer, birthdays, garden, Williamsburg, just wonderful.
Happy Belated Birthday!
What wonderful mailbox surprises :)
Have a great week!
Hugs!
Great post, Catherine! You have been busy with days filled with your travels, happiness and memories.
The pics tell it all from the smiles on the boys" faces to dear, sweet Panzer.
Williamsburg is a favorite place for my family, too.
Happy Birthday, You hit the jackpot! Your treats are thoughtful and beautiful.
The frog is also unique.
Hope you have a good week and Happy Anniversary
Good to hear from you again! I know your boys and their ball keep you very busy!!!!
Wow look at all of the lovely, special, unique gifts you've received lately! YOu've sure been spoit!
Your new frog is beautiful!
You have been busy! Happy belated birthday. Lovely gifts. Love all your pictures. It is good to have you back.
Wow, so busy! Love the new frog and who knew Panzer would end up being a celebrity! How cute! Glad to see you're having fun with the baseball circuit, all the birthday and travel. Congrats on your wedding anniversary!!
I'm all in for the chocolate and wine!! I'm proud of you for taking the time to post a catch up! I figured you were swamped with baseball. Next time you have a tournament in Ocean city, let me know. We have a place right near the park and walk over there quite often.
Such a fun and news-filled post, Catherine! As always your photography skills shine--love the photos of the guys playing ball, spring, and Williamsburg (one of my favorite places on earth!). So glad you and your husband got away alone--it does feel odd at first, doesn't it?
Congratulations on your anniversary and belated Happy Birthday wishes to you. You got so many lovely gifts--well deserved for sure :)
I hope to see a new post from you again very soon, but if you're like me "life" just gets in the way sometimes--especially at this time of year!!
It's so lovely to see a post from you :) It looks like you have been super busy with the boys and baseball. Happy belated Birthday to you :) Love the Spring pics and trip pics. Happy 20th Anniversary the Williamsburg pics looks lovely. Wonderful gifts too.
It was great to catch up with you. Hope you have a great week :)
Epic post is epic! :)
The photos are wonderful and it looks like a great trip for your anniversary. Happy Anniversary to you both! 20 years is amazing.
Wow, such a newsy post, lots to read and to see. And you were so busy - and so were your family. Your boys seem to have enjoyed a great sports and band season these past months. Great family pictures.
Williamsburg is also on my list of places that I want to visit one day.
Enjoy your wonderful garden and the great goodies that you have received from your stitching friends.
Such great photos of your boys and dog ! My boys have always been in sports and I am sure going to miss it when its over ! Happy Belated birthday ! Such wonderful gifts you received :)
Belated Happy Birthday Catherine! What a full life you lead. Loved peeking into your garden and joining you at Williamsburg. I love going there but it has been ages...in fact it was when we got married which was a very long time ago...lol.
Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi
Happy Birthday to you. What a lovely post - WOW. I laughed at the very first comment left for you "you are forgiven"....LOL thats for sure.
love Annette
Lovely long post, Catherine - I love reading all of your news. You have been so busy but that is to be expected with three sport playing boys. Congrats to the champions and congrats on your upcoming 20th anniversary. Williamsburg looks like it must have been a fascinating trip. (You know how addicted to History I am!). Love all of your gifts and your new frog is lovely and I really want one of those torches (flashlights now) - such a clever idea!
hugs, Kaye
congrat to d champion!
What a super-filled catch-up post! Congrats to the kiddos!
Love all the goodies and stitching you've shown. Nothing like a few suprises and smiles to brighten the day.
I always enjoy seeing the pictures of you boys at play. They really do keep you running.
Glad you were able to get away. Williamsburg is a great destination.
Wow, you received a bindle of wonderful gifts! I so want one of those flower frogs! I have never seen one like that.
Post a Comment