Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Preparation and Gratitude

Preparation.  It's a large part of life and keeping up with all of the activities that go along with having active boys.  We hit the road this past Friday bright and early.  Four o'clock in the morning early.  It's not just the professionals that head south for spring training! 
Two and 1/2 days of training at the Cal Ripken complex in Myrtle Beach.
Our older two boys have been training over the winter inside since early December.  It was fun seeing the teams able to play outside on a full field.

Our Oldest

The Middle Guy

Our little guy enjoyed the playground and practiced taking pictures.  He made my husband and I pose for this picture.  I think he did pretty good!
And of course, I had to take one or two of him!

We did get to spend a little time on the beach.  I enjoy being at the beach when it's cooler.  No crowds and no worries about fitting into a bathing suit!
 
 
 
 
There were quite a few dead jellyfish on the beach.  The boys were very interested in these! 
 
 
The men in my life are Kiss fans, so we had to hit this place...
 
And I like Jimmy Buffet and margaritas, so...

In case you were wondering, I did take my stitching along.  With all the activity, the stitching time was limited though.  Here's my start on my ornament for the month.
I picked an easier one to stitch this month, so even though I don't have much done, I know I can get there by the end of the month!

It's TUSAL time already!
I have been stitching!  And now, I can reveal on what!  I participated in the Stitched With Love Exchange.  The theme was Love and Friendship.  Here is what I sent to Tricia.
Since this was a secret partner exchange, I had to ask Lainey to get me some information, as she moderates the exchanges.  I placed Tricia's maiden initials, her husband's initials, and their wedding date on the pin pillow.  I didn't even realize it until she told me, this year marks their 25th anniversary!  Tricia's blog is The Stamper's Stitches, if you've never been, pop on over and say hello!  I've definitely made a new blogging friend.
My package was from Pam at Confession's of a Southern Stitcher.
 
Pam mentioned that this was a new type of finish for her.  She did a fabulous job and I love it! 
I loved all of my goodies ~ oh, and there were cookies too.  Can you guess who ate them?  Thanks again Pam, I love it all!
If you are interested in joining along in the next exchange, you can do so by clicking on the link above.  The next theme is Spring into Easter.  You can also see the gallery of all the goodies that were sent during the last exchange!

Thanks for stopping by!  I am grateful, grateful for being able to do the things we do with our boys, and grateful for all of the friends I have made through my blogging journey!

“Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.”
― A.A. Milne





30 comments:

Kathy A. said...

That was such a wonderful post Catherine. I feel like we had a visit and nice chat. I really enjoyed sharing your experiences. Thank you.

Julie said...

I saw your beautiful and special pillow in
Tricia's blog, a fabulous exchange giftie.

You have a lovely family, nice pic of you and hubby.

cucki said...

aww very sweet post deary..the pillow is so sweet..i love it so much..
your family is so sweet..very cute pictures..
love and hugs xx

Tolentreasures said...

Great swap items. Your family is so beautiful! Looks like you had a great time!

Cathy

Loraine said...

Looks like a fun trip! I love all the goodies you sent and received in your exchange. Aren't they fun?
Can't wait to see more stitching! :)

Angela said...

It sure looks like everyone enjoyed their time at "Spring Training"! Great pictures :)

I love the exchange you sent to Tricia!

butterfly said...

What a lovely post, love your photos what a lovely family you have you must have so many happy and fun times.
Love your exchanges both beautiful and all those great goodies.
Your ornament is looking fab.
And what a lovely saying from Piglet.
Have a lovely week.

Margaret said...

Wow, the things we do for our children. lol! That must be a big thrill for the kids to get to do some training there. Love all the travel pics. Never been to Myrtle Beach.

Nice exchanges too. So pretty! Love your new ornie start too. As for Kiss -- bleagh. lol! Seriously, I don't really know what their music sounds like. Just don't like their makeup. :D

CalamityJr said...

You're so good at making memories. Your family is blessed!

Deborah said...

My Dad recently bought a condo in Myrtle Beach and we will be going in May. Thanks for the pics. I always take the stitching along and I must say that you did more than I ever do on vacation. Great exchanges.

Veronica said...

What a lovely exchange. Both finishings are so pretty.

Hugs,
Veronica.

valerie said...

What a fun trip! The photos look great and that's a sweet one of you and your DH! Great exchange pieces!

Lois said...

Looks like a great trip despite that early start! What lovely pics of you all, esp the one of you and your DH! What lovely exchange goodies both sent and received.

Chris said...

Wonderful post about your trip to the beach! The guys look great.
Your exchange looks great, both packages have such wonderful things in them.

The Queen Bee said...

How fun for the boys. Nice that everyone could enjoy a family vacation and a favorite past time.

Pam

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

It sounds like you had a lovely vacation!!

Christina said...

Wow, looks (& sounds like!) you had an amazing trip! I winced at the 4am start tho...yuck! The boys look like true baseball professionals. Unfortunately it's not a sport that gets played much here in the UK.
This was another great exchange, wasn't it? I love the scissors you sent Tricia...so cute. It was a lovely thought to put Tricia's wedding date on the pillow - I bet she was really touched.
Your exchange package from Pam was great. I'm envious of the heart-shaped cookie cutters!

Kathy Ellen said...

It looks like you and your beautiful family had quite an enjoyable trip.

You must have been thrilled with your secret exchange gifts, and wonderful pillow and more goodies from Pam.

Myra said...

Handsome boys, a lovely couple, and beautiful stitching. It just doesn't get much better than that! :o)

Carol said...

Great action shots of the older boys, Catherine, and I'd say the youngest is following in your footsteps with his love of photography!

Such a pretty red and white piece you stitched for Tricia--and how wonderful that it marks her 25th anniversary.

I'm off to NY for a few days to help out my parents--wish me luck :) Enjoy your weekend!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post.

Vinniey said...

Beautiful vacation and family photos! Your boys are so handsome. :) Beautiful pillow and scissor you sent to Tricia. And I like the pillow from Pam too. Have a wonderful weekend to you, Catherine!

Sally said...

Fantastic photos Catherine. It looks like everyone had a brilliant time:)

Lovely exchanges both sent and received.

Melanie said...

Love all the photos! This is a great post. :)

Daffycat said...

An awesome post!

Thank you for not using word verification!

Anne said...

Super pretty exchanges! Love the fact you personalized her pillow...she'll cherish it always!! Great photos of your family! Wow that jellyfish is cool!!

Pumpkin said...

Looks like you had a FANTASTIC time! I LOVE the Carolinas and your pictures bring back a lot of great memories :o)

What a gorgeous finish and how nice that you made it very personal for your partner! You got a great package in return.

Siobhán said...

What a fun time away! The pics are great. My DH LOVES Myrtle Beach--but because of the golf. ;)

Beautiful exchange pieces!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures , thank you! You have a wonderful family :)

hugs

Manka

Mouse said...

ooo helloo waving small paw at your photo .... looks like you had a fab time at the beach ... loved your goodies and exchange pieces and also your stitching too ... have popped my thinking cap on and hopefully one day soon you will be stalking the postie from over the pond too :) will let you know ;) love mouse xxxxx